Wednesday, September 20, 2023

# First Chapter Reveal

First Chapter Review: HOME RULE: BOOK III OF THE TRIBAL WARS by Stella Atrium #firstchapterreview @satriumwrites #HomeRule

 


Thanks for visiting Literarily Speaking! Today's post is a first chapter review for HOME RULE: BOOK III OF THE TRIBAL WARS, Stella Atrium's latest scifi. First, a little about the book....


Title: Home Rule: Book 3 of The Tribal Wars
Author: Stella Atrium
Publisher: Stella Atrium Writes LLC
Pages: 458
Genre: Science Fiction

Sarafina di Ramonicc In book 3 of the award-winning series, photojournalist Hershel Henry witnesses the loss by self-torching of tribal women. The Madquii and Gora tribes have laid siege to the city of Urbyd, and Brianna Miller must seek a peace treaty.   

Kelly Osborn travels to Stargate Junction to set the wedding of ambassador Otieno. Hershel Henry opens a gazette to report on pending elections for home rule, but then shocking events upset their plans.  

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C44QT91N


FAVORITE QUOTE FROM FIRST CHAPTER:

"The Cylay local bazaar was long established - a narrow walkway where vehicles found no purchase. We walked past six-by-six kiosks with stacked shelves. Unlicensed, I was thinking, and each with a souk who mostly lived there. I saw second-hand goods near the walkway, also some aging and bruised vegetables. We had to step across a couple of vendors to get to another kiosk with better goods. We struggled through a narrow section where herbalists sold amulets, talismans, and magic poteens. Finally, Dkar stopped at one counter that I could never find again from trying. I was instructed to buy blue macaw tail feathers." (I loved the part about the blue macaw tail feathers)


BOOK COVER:

 

Rough, rugged and descriptive of what was inside. I loved it.


FIRST CHAPTER REVIEW:

 
Before I begin, I have to say this first chapter was written so well. The author threw out a lot of words I had never heard before but it didn't detract me from reading or understanding what I was reading. Maybe I need to get out more! 

 

Home Rule: Book III of The Tribal Wars first chapter begins with Hershel Henry who I am gathering might end up as one of the lead characters? I liked Hershel. This first chapter gave me a lot of feelers for what was inside Hershel. So we find Hershel at his landlord's office to lodge a few complaints of his abode. Abode is what I would call this - it doesn't seem appropriate to call it an apartment as there were so many things coming into play that would almost rule it the slums. I'm gathering he is a reporter and won't stay there too long anyway. So he complains about being robbed again. There are no locks on the doors and thieves come and go daily. The landlord has an easy fix which I found quite interesting and this is also where I find the author did her homework! After the 'fix' thieves never showed up again. I am figuring this is some kind of tribe that Hershel was living with and what I found shocking was that the local women self-torched themselves. I'm not sure why except it was a custom that the tribal people were accustomed to. Such a great first chapter!



KEEP READING?


 Absolutely! And the main reason is that Stella Atrium, the author, has proven herself in just this one chapter. I can't wait to finish the book!

 


Pick up your copy!

  
 
 

Stella Atrium is writing The Tribal Wars series. The first trilogy is available as ebooks and in print. BookLife has awarded the Editor’s Pick designation for each book upon its release.    

Home Rule rounds out the first trilogy and received first place in the 2023 Artisan Book Review Awards for Science Fiction and Fantasy.     

Book 4 titled Tribal Logic is scheduled for release in early 2024. Also be certain to pick up Atrium’s standalone novel Seven Beyond that won a 2014 Reader’s Favorites award in science fiction.   

Website: https://stellaatrium.com   

Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/SAtriumWrites 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SAtriumWrites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message!

Follow Us @soratemplates