Friday, June 30, 2023

# Author Interviews

Interview with Marilyn Meredith, Author of A FINAL FAREWELL @marilynmeredith #interview

 




These days, unless they planned to do something special, Tempe’s daily attire during the cooler fall temperatures consisted of a sweater, good jeans, and a comfortable pair of sneakers. Like she’d always done, she wore her still all-black hair in a long, thick single braid. Hutch usually donned his favorite well-worn Levi’s, a long-sleeved flannel shirt, and cowboy boots.

-- From A Final Farewell by Marilyn Meredith

Book Description:

A woman’s body found in a neighbor’s pond piques Tempe’s curiosity. It isn’t long before she is enmeshed in the intrigue and gossip surrounding the mystery.

Miqui Sherwood has two handsome suitors both wanting to marry her. Does either one have any ties to the murder victim?

Tempe’s life is threatened, and the health of Tempe’s friend and mentor, Nick Two John, is failing.

Amazon: https://amzn.to/40YLA5V

Interview:


Welcome Marilyn! Your book, A Final Farewell, sounds absolutely thrilling! Can we begin by having you tell us how you came up with that wonderful title?

To be honest, I had trouble coming up with a title. I wanted the word “Final” in it, but both my editor and fooled around with combinations of words, but couldn’t come up with anything we liked. Her husband, who also does the covers for my books, made the suggestion, A Final Farewell, and it was a perfect fit. 

Can you tell us a little about the main characters?

Tempe Crabtree is a newly retired deputy sheriff, married to Hutch Hutchinson, a pastor who has turned over his pastoral duties. The two of them haven’t yet decided what their new life will be like.

Tempe is Native American and Nick Two John, who along with his wife, owns the local inn. Over the years, he has been a good friend and mentor, teaching her much about her Indian heritage. 

Miqui Sherwood, another friend, who has been single all her life, has recently acquired two gentlemen friends, both desiring to marry her.

Of course, what happens next with these characters is the story of A Final Farewell.


What drew you to writing mysteries?

I’ve written stories and plays since I was a child. My first published books were historical family sagas. When I was done with them, I decided since I loved reading mysteries I should start writing them. At the time, I had a son-in-law who was a police officer and he told me lots of tales about what he did at work—and from there my imagination took off.

They say all books of fiction have at least one pivotal point when the reader just can't put the book down. What's one of the pivotal points in A Final Farewell?

The big pivotal point comes when someone burns down Tempe and Hutch’s home. Who did it and why constitutes a major part of the continuing plot.

If you could play a character in your book, what would you be?

If it were possible, I’d play Tempe. She’s been in my head for many years—I know how she thinks and how she will react to problems that come her way.

Now that your book is released, what's your next literary step or are we all done?

A Final Farewell is #20 and the last book in this series.  I am now working on a memoir of my childhood during World War II.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message!

Follow Us @soratemplates