Thursday, July 29, 2021

# Book Reviews # Review Corner

Review Corner: TELL HER SHE CAN'T by Kelly Lewis @gokellylewis @tellhershecant #bookreview

 




Title: TELL HER SHE CAN’T: INSPIRING STORIES OF UNSTOPPABLE WOMEN
Author: Kelly Lewis
Publisher: Go Girl Publishing
Pages: 210
Genre: Nonfiction / Inspirational

BOOK BLURB:

Who says you can’t?

Tell Her She Can’t is the manifesto for every woman who has been told she isn’t strong enough, smart enough, or capable enough to excel-and the motivational anthem for those who have succeeded despite doubt.

Entrepreneur Kelly Lewis shares the true stories of 35 inspirational women who overcame the naysayers to achieve “impossible” dreams.

Tell Her She Can’t is packed with motivational stories of adventurers, changemakers, and prevailers who have taken on the world to become pioneers in their fields or challenged gender stereotypes to build million-dollar businesses. These inspiring women transformed adversity into a springboard for empowerment and success-and you can too.

A powerhouse guide for every modern woman and girl, Tell Her She Can’t invites you to blast past the gatekeepers of “can’t” and become unstoppable.

ORDER YOUR COPY

Amazon → https://amzn.to/3uuMdE4

Barnes & Noble → https://bit.ly/3qgWK5f

Apple Books → https://apple.co/3d4jQXg

 


When I first picked up this book, I knew I was in for a treat because...I love reading inspirational true stories of women who have defeated the odds.  The book starts out with the author telling of her childhood and how her step-father and step-brother would completely humiliate her...one instance they both decided it fun to 'pretend' smother her with a pillow. I imagine something like this would really persuade you to leave home.

Her background is what I believe caused her to have an intense urge to travel and travel she did. Her traveling wasn't about shopping trips - it was to discover the real me inside of her. Reading about her pursuits (Lord knows I'd never had the guts to do them) it gave me insight into what is wrong with myself - always scared or fearful to do things that I didn't believe I could do. The author aces getting the point across.

And this is what drove her to listening to other women's stories of how they got past their fears and became successful in whatever they were striving to do in life. Believe me their stories are amazing. As the author so aptly puts it, "They (these women) are Changemakers, Champions, Warriors, Trailblazers, Adventurers, Visionaries, and Prevailers."

One story after another, the inspiration in the form of ideas, formed in my head. All it took was an almost life-saving incident. You can't just wake up one day and say I'm going to make a better loaf of bread than anyone else - there must be a drive. A purpose. Because it's that drive and purpose that makes you go your full strength. That's what I got from reading these incredible stories.

Highly highly recommend and  I give it 5 gold stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your message!

Follow Us @soratemplates